Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Canteen Day

Yay!!! Canteen Day's today!!! That means loads of people, loads of excitement, tons of food, tons of goodies and a lot of hard cash to be earn!!!

We were able to get out of class to set up our stalls at 7.35am. We did a lot of running for there is a bit of mess up. We got the tables arranged and our deco set up well before Canteen Day starts. Then out came a red van bearing the Pizza Hut logo! Oven-fresh pizzas were separated nicely according to their flavours.


Riinnnnggggg... The marks the beginning of the selling and buying session. The students went 'treasure hunting' for their kind of food. Teachers were not left out too.... The CF pizza stall is the first to finish selling for the pizzas were selling like hot cakes. The PBSM stall did quite well too.


I thank my friends from Kadet Polis that gave me a free drink today.. After school I went to see Mr Allen to see whether he wants any pizza or not. He said he can't finish them so he said it was ok, instead he offered me coffee and doughnut for I haven't had my lunch yet. At first I was wondering why do I need this, then when I reach the canteen I got my answer, the canteen was not operating. Thanks Mr Allen!!!

Afternoon session's Canteen Day was quite nice.. For CF we managed to sell all of our pizza 1 hour and 30 minutes before the time is up! And there's a lot of people that haven't receive their pizza yet, so we had to order some more. PBSM's business was quite ok. Chinese society did a great job selling bubble tea, it was one of the main attraction.

After the event of selling four slices of pizza to the HM last year, this year I decided to try again. I went to the HM's office and asked whether she wants any pizza. And I got an order from her!!! Once the pizza had arrived, it was sent to her office. This will be the last time of me selling any thing to this HM.

A job well done to all the societies that had been selling. Creativity and business strategy had been stimulated through this event. I hope Canteen Day will continue to be an annual event for SMK Taman Sea.

And by the way, by looking at the students buying food and spending money, it is as if there is not economic crisis at all!!!




2 comments:

  1. Oooh. Sounds like truck loads of fun ! while u guys were having fun i had exams. :( :( Sobs. Tomorrow Bio.. sigh

    ReplyDelete